Engaged Leadership and Practical Know-How
From Dr. Pat:
I have been an engaged public servant for over two decades. As a veteran of City Council, I’m ready to continue to assist in improving the livelihood of Friendswood. I am a USAF Colonel and currently serve as the Reserve Liaison to the USAF Command Surgeon in Europe. With a quarter century of experience in medicine – I have made a career in caring for the well being of our astronauts and military aviators. As the Director of Medical Informatics for the Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center, I apply advances in information technology to reduce health care costs, and improve quality of care.
I know business and the real-world solutions to solving complex problems. I hold an MBA from Georgetown University and have held executive roles at corporations such as Cerner where I was Chief Medical Officer. I use this acumen to improve quality while reducing cost – the very talent needed at all levels of our government today.
I want to keep our taxes low and our spending in check. It is important to keep our business climate positive while keeping our high quality of life.
An Accomplished Intellect
A passion for learning is a constant thread that runs through his life. During his studies he has attained such degrees as:
- Doctorate of Medicine – University of Kentucky
- Masters of Business Administration – Georgetown University
- Bachelors of Natural Science – Xavier University
- Master of Health Informatics – University of Texas
He has held many vital leadership positions and has received numerous honors in his career endeavors. These include:
- Congressional Fellow to US Senator Conrad Burns – where he provided insight and research assistance on space, science, healthcare and military issues
- International Health Specialist in the USAF Reserve – providing medical, language and cultural skills to several multinational exercises
- NASA flight surgeon – providing medical expertise for numerous NASA space missions
- Flight surgeon with the 147th Fighter Wing, TX Air National Guard, Ellington Field, TX
- President of the Space Medicine Association
- Alumni Chair of the University of Texas Houston School of Health Information Science
- Commercial and Instrument-rated Pilot